Forming a Residents' Management Company

Residents' Management Companies (RMC) members are usually the leaseholders.

The RMC must keep an up to date list of its members. Unless it is kept at the registered office, whom could be your Managing Agent or Accountant. The RMC must notify Companies House of where the register is kept, and notify any change in its location to Companies House on Form 353 and Form 353a.

If your RMC is limited by shares, the members are also shareholders. The RMC must notify details of shareholders to Companies House in an annual return and update the information with any changes every year on the annual return. Companies House will write to the registered office to remind a company shortly before it becomes due.

Read more

What is a Residents' Association

A Tenants’ or Residents’ Association is a group of leaseholders who have been granted leases from the same Landlord on... more »

Do we need to set up a Residents' Association?

We have tried to start a Resident's Association. When we first asked people if they would be interested they said they were but since... more »

How to form a Residents' Management Company

Karen Howell-Bowley is Jordans’ foremost expert on the incorporation of RMCs.  Here she shares her extensive knowledge with... more »

Why do we need a Residents' Management Company?

A building will not manage itself, and there is much to be done if the leaseholders are to receive the services promised in the leases... more »

What do RMC's need to do to register their Company?

In order to set up your RMC as a company limited either by shares or guarantee, you will need to register with Companies House, which... more »

The complexities of managing a larger development

Clear Building Management set out some of the key ‘big block’ considerations for RMC directors considering a change of... more »

Who are RMC members?

Residents' Management Companies (RMC)members are usually the leaseholders. The RMC must keep an up to date list of its members. Unless... more »

Residents’ Management Companies: “To incorporate or not? That is the question”

If you are a flat owner and want to consider taking control of your own destiny then you may have thought about buying the freehold... more »

Should we self manage or use a Property Managing Agent?

Self Management Flat owners may gain management responsibility in various ways, for example, by purchasing the freehold, through... more »

What are Memorandum and Articles of Association

The Memorandum and Articles of Association are documents which govern your Residents Management Company. (RMC) The memorandum sets... more »

Why a Residents Association can be a real benefit

If you live in a flat, Yashmin Mistry outlines the reasons why a Residents’ Association can be a real benefit to you and your... more »

What is a Management Fee?

Brett Williams Partner at CP Bigwoods in Birmingham, provides insight and clarification on an often contentious issue. “I personally... more »